DMAIC is a structured Six Sigma approach to process improvement. The DMAIC approach can be applied in any situation where a process has a defined measurable results whether its manufacturing a specific product such as phones or transactional such as engineering design firm.
DMAIC process includes: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control.
- Define the problem & what the customers require.
- Measure process & operation parameter related to the problem.
- Analyze data & determine the cause of the problem.
- Improve the process to remove the causes of the defects.
- Control the improved process to ensure that the problem do not recur.
- Define: What is important?
- Measure: How is the company doing?
- Analyze: What is wrong?
- Improve: Fix whats wrong?
- Control: Ensure gains are maintained?